10 anti-ageing foods
What you eat is what you are. Intake of food that is harmful for your body may lead to several problems like loss of energy, depression, ageing and can even prove to be fatal. So, what one really needs is a balanced diet to ensure a healthy and long life.
Doesn’t that first wrinkle line on your face trouble you day and night? Yes, it does. Growing old is inevitable. Ageing is the process that occurs when the body cells fall prey to external elements and wither off. So, don’t just sit and wait, rather indulge yourself in some implausible foods that help you regain that vigor and vitality. Anti-ageing foods can help you eat and drink your way to a longer life.
Here are the top 10 anti-ageing foods that you should start gorging on:
Berries: Blueberries and blackberries are a great source of flavonoids which are known to be powerful antioxidants. Gooseberries are also a very rich source of Vitamin C and highly useful to the body as they help in proper blood flow and provide minerals and salts necessary to sustain and protect the body against ageing as well as free radicals.
Green vegetables: Green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce, salad leaves act as great antioxidants and are a good source of Vitamin C that prevents fine lines. For this reason these are highly beneficial for the body. They also contain lycopene and beta-carotene which help block UV rays to thwart ageing. Not only do they help keep the body weight under control but also help fight toxins and keeps all kind of diseases at bay.
Avocado: Avocado is one food that has an alkalising factor. Avocados are a rich source of Vitamin E which is essential for glowing skin, prolonging of the ageing of the skin and shining hair. It is also a rich source of potassium that prevents high blood pressure and helps in fluid retention.
Melons: Watermelon is known to be one of the best anti-ageing foods. Watermelons and muskmelons have an alkalising effect on the body. They contain nutrients like selenium, Vitamins A, B, C and E, essential fats and zinc, which provides the body with essential fluids.
Nuts: Nuts like almonds, cashew and walnuts are powerhouses of energy. Consuming a healthy amount of nuts on a daily basis helps fight ageing and laziness and supplies the body with immense energy.
Yogurt: Yogurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which helps in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system. Yogurt is also good for the skin. It has excellent anti-fungal properties. Regular application of yogurt on the affected sites works like magic and cures skin infections permanently, even without the use of medicines.
Salmon: Salmon being a rich source of protein is a perfect and complete food for people with an excuse that they don’t enjoy eating vegetables. It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which make the skin healthy. Including salmon in your diet at least thrice a week will give best results.
Garlic: Yes, garlic which is an important ingredient of our day to day food is one of the most important foods provided to us by nature. There are numerous benefits of this wonder ingredient as it helps prevent cell degeneration, keeps the blood thin and also prevents heart diseases. It also acts as an excellent antioxidant and thus helps in retarding growth of abnormal cells thereby preventing ageing. When eaten in the raw form, it proves to be most beneficial.
Ginger: It basically helps in good digestion and keeps the bowel movement in shape, thereby enabling good health. It is therefore essential for the body. It also acts as a good anti-ageing food.
Water: And last but certainly not the least, water is among the best options to fight ageing. It flushes out all the toxins from the body and also provides fluidity for the flow of blood. It is advisable to consume as much water as possible for that healthy and glowing skin. But, it is recommended to have at least 8 glasses of water to keep diseases at bay.
Try to avoid ConstipationDefinition:
A very common disturbance within the digestive tract, it restricts regular bowel movement. Since improper stool produces toxins (ama) which find their way into the blood stream and are then carried to all parts of the body, in chronic cases this problem can give way to serious diseases as rheumatism, arthritis, piles, high blood pressure and even cancer.
Common symptoms are infrequency, irregularity or difficulty in eliminating hard faecal matter, coated tongue, foul breath, loss of appetite etc.
Main herbs used in treatment are Hartaki (Terminalia chebula), Isabgole (Plantago ovata) Sennaleaves (Cassia angustifolia), Nisoth (Ipomoea turpethum). Avoid white flour, rice,bread,pulses,cakes, pastries, biscuits, cheese, white sugar & hard-boiled eggs.
Take the following unrefined foods: Wholegrain Cereals : Wheat Green Vegetables : Spinach, brocculi Fruits : Bael, pear, Guava, Grapes, Orange, Papaya & Figs Dairy : Milk, Clarified butter, Cream. Attend to the call of nature regularly even if you do not get your motion. Indulge in the following active physical activities / outdoor games ? brisk walking ? swimming ? exercises
17 Healthy Weight Loss Foods That You Will Love
Of course the best way to lose extra weight is to exercise! But if you’re not such a great fan of exercising and you’d rather change what you eat, then we have a perfect list of foods for you. The only thing you need to do is to incorporate some of these foods into your meals. They will relieve water retention and help you keep away from the cookies, candies and other low-nutritious foods you love to eat. Your metabolism will be boosted and you will not only feel better, but you will feel like your stomach is full during the whole day.
1. Almonds are packed with skin-boosting vitamin E and protein. Also, they are high in fiber, which stops you feeling hungry all the time. Not to mention almond taste great when eaten raw, roasted, with salt… they are just perfect. Researches at Purdue University also found that, despite almonds are relatively high in calories, they actually do not contribute to bell fat. So switch from that greasy chips to almonds and you will notice the difference.
2. So you have a stubborn stomach that just won’t listen and always needs more? how about you include a portion of leafy green vegetables at every meal. Roman lettuce, kale, spinach and other leafy greens are extremely low in calories and they are packed with fibers! They also offer several vital vitamins for normal functioning of your organism. Minerals in them will help ease water retention without causing bloating and discomfort that some other vegetables cause.
3. By eating a portion of oats in the morning, you are providing your body a slow-released, natural energy that will last the whole day. Oats are filling and they can help you lose weight! They are perfect as a breakfast solution (instead of cereals covered with sugar) because they can be a part of a low-calorie diet. You will feel fuller longer and if you eat oats for some time, it can lower zour cholesterol too.
4. Believe it or not, olive oil can actually help you lose weight. Olive oil contains poly saturated fats that can stave off hunger pains. Also, olive oil contains a naturally occurring chemical called oleic acid. This acid helps the breakdown of excess fats in the body. Olive oil can be taken in the morning, if that doesn’t grose you out too much. It’s being said that if you keep a tablespoon of olive oil in your mouth for a few moments before eating it, it can collect all the bacterias from your tongue.
5. Did you know that each tiny bean is packed with fibers, nutrients and protein? Beans are also low in calories but they will give you energy throughout the day because they release energy slowly. Because of this, you will feel fuller and the high protein content will help you firm up your muscles and it will keep you toned. So switch from burgers to burritos and eat more bean chili instead of beef chili.
6. Peppermint has healing and calming digestive properties, so if you want to start your diet, you should include this refreshing herb into your diet plan. The easiest way to do this is to start drinking peppermint tea. When you choose the right tea, it is best to avoid those from the supermarket because you never know what those bags contain. Don’t be lazy, buy some dried peppermint leaves and make your own tea. It is good for clearing the skin as well!
7. Green tea has been known as a very healthy tea you should drink every day. Drinking green tea helps body flush out all the unnecessary fluids and it helps bloated stomach to calm. The bloating you might be experiencing is because of the excessive water reduction. Green tea also speeds up the metabolism and helps burning the fat you don’t need. Also, green tea is good for calming your nerves
8. Apple cider is a great solution for quick body detox. You can do this by adding a few capsules of apple cider vinegar to your meals. Apple cider acts as a digestive tonic and it helps your body to get rid of harmful bacteria in the intestines. Also, it helps you flush out the toxins and relieve water retention around the stomach. If this sounds good to you, try adding some to your veggies during cooking or as a dressing over salad.
9. Asparagus is truly a great vegetable. Each spear is packed with a range of vitamins like A, B-complex, C and E. Asparagus also contains high levels of zinc (which clears the skin), and potassium, which is very helpful when it comes to removing excessive fluids from the body. This fantastic plant has been used as a treatment for inflammations such as arthritis and rheumatism for a long time.
10. Garlic is not only supereffective when used to get rid of vampires. Each clove of garlic is packed with toxin-battling antioxidants and a naturally occurring chemical- allicin. When you eat garlic, allicin reacts with the blood to create a product that is capable of killing off many harmful viruses and bacteria that can harm your health. Remember that a healthy gut is essential for achieving your diet goals.
11. Eating chili is a great way to boost your metabolism. Adding chili to your meals will help you burn fat faster because a single chili pepper contains a full day’s supply of beta carotene and twice your recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Beta carotene is very important for healthy hair, skin and nails and vitamin C is essential antioxidant that helps getting rid of toxins and foreign bodies in your blood stream!
12. Watercress is full of nutrients you can use to slim faster. Vitamins like B1, B2, B6 and E and minerals manganese, carotene and potassium which are essential for your general health. Watercress is therefore a powerful cleansing agent which improves the digestion and nourishes the sin. Its diuretic properties help flush out toxins and fluids your body actually doesn’t need. Watercress is also a source of iodine which boosts your metabolism additionally
13. Cinnamon can actually help you get those abs you were dreaming about much faster. This sweet spice helps regulate soaring blood sugar levels by stimulating insulin production. According to some researches, cinnamon extract also makes fat cells more responsive to insulin. That means that the fat cells are much less likely to hold on to excess energy and they are more likely to burn existing fat loads instead.
14. Brown rice is healthier than the regular one, but that’s probably something you already know. If you’re looking for the ways to shed those extra pounds and flatten your stomach, brown rice is one of the best solutions for you. Brown rice is rich in muscle-strengthening protein and vitamins. The reason why it is better than the white rice is because it contains energizing B vitamins which help you burn calories faster
15. You may be surprised to read about peanuts actually being good for your belly, but of you eat a small handful of peanuts, they might be good to you. Eating peanuts between the meals can stop you from overeating and they give you protein you need for having that flat, nice stomach. Peanuts are also rich in omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. They also contain vitamin E, which is very good to your skin.
16. Quinoa is a real superstar among grains. Even Kate Moss ate it when she wanted to get into shape for a shoot faster. She ate it for a month instead of cereal for breakfast and she only has good words for quinoa. Besides this solid evidence, quinoa is a complete grain that combines protein, fiber, B vitamins and complex carbohydrates. By eating grains like quinoa, you will boost your metabolism and burn belly fat faster!
Courtesy : www.saytopic.com
17. Dandelion tea is very good solution if you need to lose water weight caused by retention. Try drinking organic dandelion root tea, or another herbal tea that contains dandelion as an ingredient. Dandelion is a natural diuretic, which means it will help your kidneys get rid of and flush out all the unnecessary fluids and sodium from your system. Consider adding a few squeezes of lemon to this herbal tea as well.